One of my favorite cheeses is chevre, or goat cheese. Such a yummy, creamy flavor that pairs well with crackers, pears, chicken, and even salads! Below is one of my absolute favorite salads.
Place mixed greens on two salad plates and garnish with sliced peaches or nectarines. Sprinkle some toasted sliced almonds. I don't add dressing until right before I place the goat cheese medallions on the salad. Typically I use a nice fruity vinegrette. Put salad plates in fridge to stay chilled.
I take one little container or sleeve of plain goat cheese and divide in to four. With your hands shape in to four discs. Put in fridge to chill. Meanwhile, beat one egg in a dish, and in another dish sprinkle about a cup of plain breadcrumbs, fresh ground pepper and a pinch of kosher salt. I also like to add a small bunch of crumbled/sliced almonds to breadcrumbs.
Melt some butter in a nonstick skillet.
Dip each cheese medallion in to egg and gently transfer to breadcrumbs and thoroughly coat. Place coated cheese in to skillet and let brown. Turn over after a couple minutes so both sides can brown.
Place mixed greens on two salad plates and garnish with sliced peaches or nectarines. Sprinkle some toasted sliced almonds. I don't add dressing until right before I place the goat cheese medallions on the salad. Typically I use a nice fruity vinegrette. Put salad plates in fridge to stay chilled.
I take one little container or sleeve of plain goat cheese and divide in to four. With your hands shape in to four discs. Put in fridge to chill. Meanwhile, beat one egg in a dish, and in another dish sprinkle about a cup of plain breadcrumbs, fresh ground pepper and a pinch of kosher salt. I also like to add a small bunch of crumbled/sliced almonds to breadcrumbs.
Melt some butter in a nonstick skillet.
Dip each cheese medallion in to egg and gently transfer to breadcrumbs and thoroughly coat. Place coated cheese in to skillet and let brown. Turn over after a couple minutes so both sides can brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment