Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos

My aunt gave me this recipe and I've made it quite a few times recently.  It is quick to make and Tony raves about it every time.

The beans, red peppers, avocado and scallions waiting for the shrimp.
The tasty cilantro lime-salsa verde dressing.

Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
3/4 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and steamed
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ c. sliced scallions or green onions
¼ tsp pepper
1¼ c. red bell peppers chopped in 1 inch pieces (optional)
1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
¼ c. chopped, fresh cilantro
¼ c. bottled salsa verde
2 Tbsp lime juice
8 flour tortillas (6 inch) 
*I use larger tortillas and we make giant tacos.  You'll have enough shrimp to make 6 servings.

Mix in a large bowl the cooked shrimp, beans, peppers, scallions, avocado. Occasionally I will cut the cooked shrimp in half for more kid friendly bites.
To make dressing, combine cilantro, salsa and lime juice.
Heat tortillas, fill with shrimp mix and drizzle with dressing. Serve as a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment