Tonight I'm hosting a pool party for the alumnae association I belong to. To get in the sorority spirit I made some brownies and gave them a personal touch.
You can do this with any dark or chocolate cake/brownie and powdered sugar.
If you have a larger cake you can lay a doilie on top of the cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Gently lift up doilie and wah-lah! A beautiful design!
To make the Kappa and Gamma above, I cut the letters out of stiff cardboard that the brownie mix came in. GASP. Yes, I used brownie mix. I know, not really my style, but we're running low on time people! I cut the brownies and then lay the K and Γ randomly throughout the pan and sprinkled the powdered sugar.
You can do this with any dark or chocolate cake/brownie and powdered sugar.
If you have a larger cake you can lay a doilie on top of the cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Gently lift up doilie and wah-lah! A beautiful design!
To make the Kappa and Gamma above, I cut the letters out of stiff cardboard that the brownie mix came in. GASP. Yes, I used brownie mix. I know, not really my style, but we're running low on time people! I cut the brownies and then lay the K and Γ randomly throughout the pan and sprinkled the powdered sugar.
Have fun with this!
No comments:
Post a Comment