Yup, it is true. I dislike tomatoes. They are mushy, smooshy, and have a very odd flavor. But, I do love ketchup, spaghetti sauce, and even caprese salad if the tomato is extremely firm. I also love growing tomatoes but only because they are super easy.
Get a grape or cherry tomato near me and I will run away.
But when I saw this massive softball sized heirloom tomato at the market I couldn't resist. I had to have it. Bonus - it was also very firm! I also purchased applewood smoked bacon, a perfect avocado and fresh sourdough bread. The makings of a perfect BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato).
Get a grape or cherry tomato near me and I will run away.
But when I saw this massive softball sized heirloom tomato at the market I couldn't resist. I had to have it. Bonus - it was also very firm! I also purchased applewood smoked bacon, a perfect avocado and fresh sourdough bread. The makings of a perfect BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato).
And the best side for a hearty BLAT? Sweet potato fries of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment