I had a staple dinner dish that I constantly made before I met my husband, Mediterranean pasta. It was great fresh off the stove, but worked well for lunches during the week at work. I brought this dish up the other day in conversation and my husband immediately recalled me making this for him when we first started dating. I haven't made it for probably 7+ years (the probable result of eating it 2x a week for months on end), and thought tonight would be a good time to try it again.
I had no recipe to go off of, so I had to wing it. I think I got pretty close. The flavors were strong and made me feel like I had gone back in time a few years!
I had no recipe to go off of, so I had to wing it. I think I got pretty close. The flavors were strong and made me feel like I had gone back in time a few years!
Cook and cut up two boneless chicken breasts (or use precooked chicken from deli). While you boil water for one pound of pasta (I used penne), slice about 1/4 cup of kalamata olives and a couple handfuls of fresh basil. When the pasta is done cooking, add the cut up chicken, sliced olives, basil, as well as a small jar of drained and julianned sundried tomatoes and a small package of crumbled feta. Add a few dashes of milk to loosen it all up a bit, and serve. Easy, tasty, and something to keep on your menu rotation!
If you want to add a bit of a kick, sprinkle some red pepper flakes in there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment