This weekend my husband and I flew down to San Fran for a weekend of exploring and eating. A view of the Golden Gate Bridge from our hotel room.
At the wharf you can buy freshly caught and steamed crab, ready to eat right there! If I wasn't so full from our breakfast at The Grove I would have done it!
After a couple Irish Coffees at Buena Vista, we continued on for a sundae at Ghiradelli.For dinner we went to Fleur de Lys by Hubert Keller. I am a big fan of this famous chef and watch his cooking shows as well as Top Chef Masters when he competed. The food was beyond amazing and the four courses took almost three hours. Worth every cent and every minute spent there. Warning, below are some food geek photos I took of my courses...
I had a fun cocktail as we attempted to narrow down our food choices...
We were then greeted by an amuse-bouche of cold pepper soup and black and white quinoa salad.My first course was Petrale Sole with crab, sea urchin and caviar olive oil puree with toasted bacon brioche.
Ooops, I forgot to take a photo of the second course before I ate it. A Louisiana Prawn with citrus salad and tangerine sauce.
And again, I couldn't wait to eat so here is an 'after' photo of my third course. Seared filet mignon with lobster truffled mac & cheese en brioche.
A photo of Tony's chocolate souffle with cherry and kirsch ice cream. It had a fleur de lys pattern out of powdered sugar.And my dessert which left me speechless. The Fleurburger. Spiced dark chocolate ganache 'patty' on a french Beignet bun, a slice of passion fruit gelee as 'cheese' with thin slice of strawberry to look like a tomato slice. Served along side frozen fennel ice cream Pommes Frites and a banana milkshake. To die for.
And as if that wasn't enough food, they brought us a little tray of assorted desserts.Probably the best and most memorable meal of my life. If you ever have plans to go to San Fran, call Fleur de Lys NOW and see if they have a reservation for you. I made ours dinner reservations two months in advance...










No comments:
Post a Comment