Sunday, January 8, 2012

Matzoh Ball Soup

Tonight I thought I'd try making Matzoh Ball soup.  It started out swell.  It ended in a soup that consisted of chicken broth, chopped veggies and matzoh 'dust' floating around.  The matzoh balls fell apart once they hit the broth.  FAIL! 

It started out pretty....
The matzoh mix looked successful...before being balled up and dropped in the soup.
And then.... disaster.  Matzoh mess.
The final result had one intact matzoh ball and lots of matzoh particles...
If only it looked like the photo in the recipe book!
Have you ever had a total recipe disaster?  Even if you follow the recipe exactly?

I spoke to a few friends and learned that the matzoh mixture needs to be refrigerated for a few hours before it is formed in to balls.  If only my cookbook had mentioned that!  And if only I had looked online... I found two recipes on Food Network's website that look more successful (here and here).  And no.  I am not posting the recipe for this particular soup recipe!

Maybe I should have looked online for other matzoh recipes... here are two from Food Network and both include the wording to chill the matzoh mix before forming in to balls.  I wish you luck if you

No comments:

Post a Comment