Sunday, January 15, 2012

Quick Appetizer Ideas

Today I hosted a small group of women for a photography class taught by professional photographer Erin Schedler.  Due to a forecast for snow this weekend, I wanted quick and easy appetizers... I wouldn't know how many gals would show up until the class actually started.  Snow was dumping outside (and still is!) and I was hoping to eliminate lots of leftovers.  My solution? Picking foods that my family likes and that could be used in future meals.  I also picked foods that didn't require guests to use forks or spoons.

I found mini cinnamon rolls at the grocery store.  About 12 for $4.  I put them on sticks that I use for cookies or other projects and stuck them in a vase filled with uncooked rice.  For a dip I mixed 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a few tablespoons milk (you may want more/less milk depending on consistency you want).  This is a great buffet brunch idea!  And a thank you to pinterest for giving me this idea!
I sliced up two bell peppers and displayed on a platter with baby carrots and ranch dressing.  I also skewered grapes, strawberries and pineapples and placed on the same platter for a colorful display.  Plus, everything looks a little fancier when its on a skewer. And no need for utensils! 
I had a bag of Trader Joe's kettle corn (SO good), that I placed in a bowl with a scoop.  Guests can then scoop the popcorn in to cups.  Warning... this kettle corn is really good so you'll want to make sure you don't have many leftovers. Otherwise you'll eat it all yourself...  
Do you have any favorite appetizer ideas that require minimal work but look great and are popular with your guests?

No comments:

Post a Comment