Even the most basic cake or brownies can look dramatic with the help of a piece of paper and powdered sugar. My grandma used to put paper doilies on the top of a cake and then gently sprinkle powdered sugar over the entire cake and doily. She would then carefully lift up the doily and the cake would be left with a delicate pattern.
If you don't have a doily (I'm guessing you don't...neither do I...), you can cut out basic shapes from a piece of paper. Or even print out a design or letter on your computer to cut out. Hearts, stars, four leafed clover, initials... the possibilities are endless!
Below is my grandma's famous Daffy Cake. To give it a more personal touch, I cut out a 'K' to lay on top of the cooled cake. I let my son sprinkle powdered sugar on top and I carefully removed the 'K' to reveal a fun personalized pattern on our cake. (and yes, I did cut out a piece of cake in the corner... I couldn't wait when it came out of the oven!)
Position your pattern on the cake or brownies and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Carefully remove the paper to reveal your fun pattern!
No comments:
Post a Comment