Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

Hold on to your hats.  This recipe was so good that the husband planned to take some leftovers to work for lunch.  This never happens. Never.  A good sign, especially because we're both lovers of fried chicken. So the fact that this oven baked 'fried' chicken knocked our socks off? You've gotta try!

I put the chicken legs and thighs in a large ziploc along with the buttermilk and seasonings.  I let it all soak for 24hrs. 
A bowl of bread crumbs and cheese for coating.
A picture of a finished thigh.  The pieces were all incredibly moist with a great outer crunchy layer.
Chicken legs turned out crisp and ready for little hands.
And guess what? I can't find the recipe.  I can't even remember where I found the recipe!  Hang in there... I'll figure it out and get that recipe posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment