Thursday, September 22, 2011

2011 Halloween Costumes?....

Last year B wanted to be Thomas the Train for Halloween.  I thought it would be fun to create a Thomas out of cardboard that B could wear.  It was a great idea until I look back on the project and realize how many steps were involved.  But, the look of pure excitement when he saw the finished product made it all worth it.  But it makes me wonder... what will we do for 2011!?  It sounds like B is narrowing down his choices.

2010 meant 2 cardboard boxes. 1 blue can of spray paint. 3 rolls of colored duct tape. 1 exacto craft knife. 1 hot glue gun and LOTS of hot glue. Craft paints and paintbrushes. 1 empty breadcrumbs container. 1 round container from craft store.  Lots of thinking of designs in my head when I should have been sleeping.  All this helped create a Thomas costume for Blake.  Well, that and quite a few evenings after the kids were in bed!





B couldn't wait to try on his costume.  The minute it was on he had a huge smile and took Thomas for a spin around the house.
I am so excited by the finished product!  B was too!!  Now, my only dilemma is fixing the straps that hold it up.  Thomas' face is a little heavy so he takes nose dives unless Blake holds on.  Thankfully there are a couple weeks before Halloween!

And I can't forget to post a picture of C in her 2010 costume.  B wore this on his first Halloween and I figured it could get one more use.  To make the purple monster more 'girlie' I added a few bows.  I'm not sure that helps much, but she still looked cute.  C's 2011 costume will require some manual labor from me, but hopefully not too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment