What happens when you buy a giant bag of pink grapefruits from Costco and you can't possibly eat any more? You start googling grapefruit recipes. You then ignore all the tasty grapefruit sauced salmon dishes and go straight for the cocktail recipes!
This is basically a take on a Vodka Greyhound but with some extras. I didn't fall in love with this cocktail, probably because my orange liquor is a cheaper brand, or the orange and lemon took away from the grapefruit flavor I was craving. That, or I just prefer an old fashioned Vodka Greyhound or a Salty Dog (Greyhound with salted rim).
Boy, am I glad I registered for a juicer when we got married. That bad boy has been put to good use with making fresh juice cocktails!
Pink Grapefruit Cocktail
3 1/2 oz fresh pink grapefruit juice, plus wedge for garnish
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz orange liquor
2 oz vodka
Shake all the ingredients along with some ice in a cocktail shaker. Add a dash more of whatever to suit your taste, if needed. Strain in to a martini glass and garnish with wedge. For extra oomph, sugar the rim of the glass before pouring the drink in.
No comments:
Post a Comment