My grandma made a killer chocolate fudge sauce for ice cream. To this day, I gag when I taste Hershey's syrup, and its all her fault. Her sauce was rich, creamy, and had a great chocolate flavor. Unfortunately, this recipe of hers was made up. When I asked her for the ingredients it was literally a 'glug of this', 16 'heaping tablespoons' of that. Over the years I've come pretty close to her recipe, but still trying to make it as good as grandma did. Tonight I created an awesome sauce that included whipping cream. Something grandma never included in hers (shocking to me).
Trying to see if melting the chocolate separate from the sugars makes a difference...
Water, sugar, corn syrup, cream warming up.The final product. Still warm and runny here in the picture. But once it hits the ice cream it gets nice and thick.
If I ever get this sauce perfected, don't expect a recipe. I may have to sell the chocolate goodness by the jar after all this work!
Do you have a chocolate sauce or dessert sauce that you love? If so, let me know or share the recipe and I can post it.
Do you have a chocolate sauce or dessert sauce that you love? If so, let me know or share the recipe and I can post it.
No comments:
Post a Comment