Today I cohosted a shower for my sister-in-law with the Matron of Honor, Alexis. The party started at 10am so we had a variety of brunch-like items.
I like displaying party foods in a unique way. This helps add variety to the table and looks fun! For the caprese skewers I purchased short bamboo skewers (at specialty kitchen stores) and added a basil leaf folded in half, then mozzerella, then a grape tomato. I then stuck them in a halved mini watermelon. (Do not hollow out the watermelon as it could topple over when people pull the skewers out)
I also made my favorite orzo salad with golden raisins, feta, red onion, and tangy dressing. This recipe is a favorite among my friends for showers. If you want the recipe please email me as I don't have an electronic version to post, but can send a scanned copy. (It is pretty easy and you can make ahead. Email me at: byguessbygosh@yahoo.com)
Aside from the usual brunchy items of bagels, spreads, cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, orzo salad, etc we had to have dessert! Alexis made Ina Garten's coconut cupcakes and topped them with little wedding rings she found at the fabric store. LOVE it! You can make the cupcakes from scratch, or purchase Ina's box mix.
And I made the very chocolate bundt cake that I featured on here for Mother's Day. It was just as tasty this time around and Alexis' son thought so too!
No comments:
Post a Comment