Our neighbors left us a huge bag of fresh rhubarb on our doorstep. This is probably paybacks for the huge zucchini I gave them last week! :) I was never a rhubarb fan growing up. People say my grandma's strawberry rhubarb pie was the best tasting pie around. Sadly, I never tried it. Rhubarb's tart flavor didn't appeal to me. Now that I have grown up (not really), I'm a little more open to rhubarb recipes - especially when it involves combining my favorite fruits, like peaches. I found a recipe from Alton Brown that had very high ratings... Rhubarb Peach Cobbler. I love cobblers so gave it a shot.
The dough is quick to make but needs time to rest and chill in the fridge.
The beautiful colors of peach and rhubarb. And some sugar and flour...The recipe says to place dough crumbs on the bottom of the greased pan. Not sure I'm sold on this - its not like little bits of dough are super noticeable, but I followed the directions.
The chilled dough shaped in a square to match the pan's shape.
Spread the fruit...
And lay the crust on top. Bake and serve with vanilla ice cream!
This recipe has a five star rating with over 30 reviews and I have to agree it is pretty good! Click here for Alton Brown's Rhubarb Peach Cobbler recipe!
While the cobbler was baking I was cooking up the corn from our yard! This photo doesn't do justice to the size of the corn... they were maybe 6" long - so tiny compared to what you find in the grocery store.
And I had to weigh the latest zucchini from our yard. It came in and just over 5 pounds!
No comments:
Post a Comment