Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Healthy Breakfast Option

I'm participating in a '28 to Great' challenge with barre3.  The amazing owner, Sadie Lincoln, asked for volunteers to participate in a trial of a new workout program she is putting together.  I jumped at the chance to work closely with her while getting fit with other women around the country.

Turns out this trial is 28 days of specific workouts (via an online library of barre3 workouts) as well as a new look at the way I eat.  Included in the program are lots of healthy meal options and suggestions of what to eat and avoid.  I'm three days in and feeling great but really missing flour and sugar! I think my body was meant to survive only on those two items...  I also see no mention of wine or coffee in the food list - we'll see how this goes!

One of the breakfast suggestions is an egg scramble with sauteed onions and parsley.  I added a clove of garlic too. Eggs are a great source of protien and help keep you full longer than many of my usual breakfast choices.  It was excellent and I recommend giving it a try... just dice up some onion and garlic and saute for a couple minutes.  Add in some parsley then add two eggs that you've beaten lightly. Stir to cook and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment