Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hurricane!

Today our beloved Dawgs played LSU in Louisiana.  To say this was a painful game to watch is an understatement.  At least both teams colors are purple and gold so no matter what happened there was a lot of school spirit!

In honor of Louisiana I made a huge batch of Hurricane cocktails.  I have had a hurricane or two in New Orleans and they are super tasty, super fruity and super strong.  I mean, super strong.  Nothing like almost two full bottles of rum mixed in with grenadine to get a hurricane swirl'n!

Thanks to Emeril Lagasse, the king of southern cuisine, I had a mega batch of hurricanes to bring to our friend's Dawg watching party!  Warning, many of the guys thought the drink was a tad sweet, nothing a splash of club soda couldn't resolve.  But the rest of us loved it.  So much that it was almost gone!

Mix the batch in advance in a large pitcher and place in fridge to get very cold.  Serve over ice and with a wedge of orange.  This is a great party recipe because it makes a lot of drinks at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment