T and I get to visit the Picasso exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum in the exhibition's final week as well as a very anticipated dinner at Chez Shea tonight. So, to make life a little more easy for my mom while she babysits, I made lettuce wraps.
This recipe can be made in advance and is great for a party appetizer (if you don't mind a little mess while guests assemble their own wraps). I'm a big fan of ginger, and ginger is what really makes this dish stand out. It isn't spicy, just very flavorful. Both our 3 year old and 1 year old couldn't eat it fast enough.
If you aren't in the mood for a lettuce wrap, serve over rice, or wrapped in a tortilla with some shredded lettuce.
I'm not sure I would necessarily serve this as a complete dinner, but would be a fun lunch.
I'm not sure I would necessarily serve this as a complete dinner, but would be a fun lunch.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
1 lb ground turkey
1 head iceburg lettuce
5 stalks of celery, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. white wine
1 small can sliced water chestnuts, diced
Clean lettuce and set aside. Stir together soy, wine, ginger and garlic in small bowl.
Meanwhile, brown the turkey and season with a little salt and pepper. Once the turkey is about done add the celery and water chestnuts. After about 1 minute, add the soy sauce mix.
Stir and continue to cook until turkey is done. At this point you can let cool and store in airtight container in fridge for later use, or scoop in to your lettuce and wrap.
Stir and continue to cook until turkey is done. At this point you can let cool and store in airtight container in fridge for later use, or scoop in to your lettuce and wrap.
Sprinkle some powdered ginger or red pepper flakes on top if you need a little kick!
No comments:
Post a Comment