My friend Michele has a blog where she posts her menus for the week. It is a really fun concept and helps to keep things organized. I saw her recipe for Butternut Squash Lasagna and had to give it a shot. We're big on meat in this family, so I knew it would be a risky move.
Blake had two huge helpings (two nights in a row), Charlotte had a good amount, and both Tony and I thought it was pretty good. I do have to admit that I'd much prefer lasagna with meat, turkey or sausage; but this was a good thing to try and a perfect vegetarian meal.
As a bonus, you can buy all the ingredients at Trader Joe's making the prep work almost null.
Blake had two huge helpings (two nights in a row), Charlotte had a good amount, and both Tony and I thought it was pretty good. I do have to admit that I'd much prefer lasagna with meat, turkey or sausage; but this was a good thing to try and a perfect vegetarian meal.
As a bonus, you can buy all the ingredients at Trader Joe's making the prep work almost null.
Butternut Squash Lasagna, courtesy of Michele Conrad
Two bags of frozen (whole foods) or steamed fresh butternut squash (Trader Joe’s)
1 container mascarpone cheese
1.5 jars of red sauce (your choice or Trader Joe’s three cheese sauce)
1.5 jars of red sauce (your choice or Trader Joe’s three cheese sauce)
Lasagna noodles
One chunk of smoked mozzarella
One chunk of easy to grate regular mozzarella
Mix the first three ingredients (sauce, squash and mascarpone cheese) together. Grate the mozzarella cheeses and mix them together. In a 9×13 pan layer noodles, sauce mixture and cheese, repeat and add any extra cheese to the top.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until center cheese is melted on top. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment