If you love peanut butter cups like I do, then this is a recipe you must try! I first tried these peanut butter chocolate squares at a holiday party we attended. I immediately asked for the recipe after witnessing almost the entire pan of bars disappear.
As I went to make these very easy, no bake bars today, I realized I have almost the exact same recipe from a cousin; but for a smaller sized batch. If only I had paid more attention to the cookbook I made for our family!
And who can resist a recipe that calls for a big bowl of melted chocolate?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares
1 C. melted butter
¾ - 1 C. graham cracker crumbs
1½ C. peanut butter
1 - 16oz box powdered sugar
1 - 12 oz package of chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in large bowl and then press firmly into 9x13 pan. Chill so the peanut butter mixture firms up.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, or slowly in the microwave (stirring often!).
Spread melted chocolate over the top of peanut butter mixture. Let cool. Place in freezer for a few minutes before you cut into squares with a very sharp knife. Store in air tight container on counter - do not refrigerate.
No comments:
Post a Comment