I'm someone who loves sweet potatoes and yams. I love them even more if they've got a topping of roasted marshmallows. That may gross some of you out. But don't fear, you can exclude them from this recipe, or just cover half the dish with those fluffy white clouds of sugar. This Sweet Potato Soufflé will knock the socks off your relatives. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Soufflé
3 large sweet potatoes cooked and whipped
1 c. sugar – try less sugar and brown
2 eggs beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter
1/2 c. evaporated milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag marshmallows
1/2 c. chopped pecans, optional (I typically don't include)
Cook potatoes until tender. Scoop out flesh and whip (discard the skins). Add sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix well and put in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Place marshmallows and pecans on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes or until brown on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment