My little baby turns one today, and we're having a big family party tonight. Just like her brother I drew the invitations and made fondant decorations that match the design for the cake.
For the big cake I used three - 9" rounds, dividing each layer to put frosting betweeen. For C's mini cake I used one - 9" round and cut out two small circles using a ramekin as a guide. I then stacked the two smaller circles on top of each other.
For the big cake I used three - 9" rounds, dividing each layer to put frosting betweeen. For C's mini cake I used one - 9" round and cut out two small circles using a ramekin as a guide. I then stacked the two smaller circles on top of each other.
A fun idea for a birthday party. Take one photo from each month of the child's life, or one photo from each year for an older child. Here I took a photo from Charlotte's birth, and then a random photo from each month and glued the number of the month on the pics.
The cakes and the invite waiting for the party to begin.Want to surprise your guests? Make each layer of your cake a different color! This is fun for birthdays, football games (team colors!), 4th of July, etc. If you're making a cake with two - 9" rounds, divide the batter in half and add food coloring to each. Bake, divide the cakes and then alternate the cake layers as you frost.
Happy Birthday to my sweet girl. Hopefully you can use some of these ideas for a future celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment