Last night we had some friends over for a BBQ and to decorate the bikes and wagons that our children will ride in the annual neighborhood parade. I made a few patriotic treats for the evening!
Fruit Sparklers.... long skewers with blueberries, raspberry and a piece of watermelon shaped as a star. I did discover that these are pretty top-heavy. Be warned!
Fruit Sparklers.... long skewers with blueberries, raspberry and a piece of watermelon shaped as a star. I did discover that these are pretty top-heavy. Be warned!
And a red, white and blue cake! A single layer 9" vanilla cake topped with vanilla frosting and decorated with blueberries and raspberries. I will admit that I used a box cake mix and frosting to keep the day easy. I did bake two 9" rounds, but saved the other 9" for our family dinner tonight!
This morning was the annual parade and "That Guy" (his license plate) lead the parade of kids.
We celebrated the 4th with smoked ribs, corn and another patriotic cake. Today's cake had a big blueberry star surrounded by halved strawberries. I love summer fruits!And to cap it all off... a big fireworks show! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment