Every year my grandma would receive a cute little May Day basket at her front door. The little girls up the street were usually the creative minds behind this delivery, and my grandma loved to talk about her annual floral surprise. Some years the girls used baby food jars and other years they used decorated paper cones.
To brighten up the day of some of our neighbors and my mom, C spent the morning coloring construction paper and using sparkly stickers. Once she was done, I rolled up the paper in to a cone shape and adhered it with a glue stick to retain the cone shape. (I would have used tape if I could find it...)
Then I poked two holes, opposite of each other at the wide end so I could string through some ribbon to make a 'handle'. We picked a few rhodie and lilac blossoms from the yard and our May Day cones were complete!
The kids loved trying to ring the recipient's doorbell before they could answer the door. Unfortunately, they didn't usually get away before the front door was opened! But it was fun to see the recipient's face and my childrens' faces too! The kids have also received a very nice thank you card from our neighbor which was really special.To brighten up the day of some of our neighbors and my mom, C spent the morning coloring construction paper and using sparkly stickers. Once she was done, I rolled up the paper in to a cone shape and adhered it with a glue stick to retain the cone shape. (I would have used tape if I could find it...)
Then I poked two holes, opposite of each other at the wide end so I could string through some ribbon to make a 'handle'. We picked a few rhodie and lilac blossoms from the yard and our May Day cones were complete!
Happy May Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment