Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Pie!

My son who is obsessed with chocolate and all things covered with frosting threw me for a loop.  Instead of his usual birthday chocolate cake with chocolate frosting request he asked for birthday apple pie!  Say what?  Is this what happens when your 'little' boy turns 5 and suddenly seems so grown up?

This new request wasn't all bad.  It meant I didn't have to blow his past birthday cakes out of the water (airplane theme and train theme) and didn't have to deal with any frosting.
Extra pie dough is your friend.  I always use leftover dough to make patterns for the top of the pie using a cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut out letters. 
The birthday boy even received his own personal apple pie...
Baked and ready for five candles and a birthday serenade!
The desserts... And yes, I made chocolate brownies as an emergency backup.  My son has never requested pie when given any dessert option.  I wanted something chocolate in case we had a birthday party meltdown.  In the end, it was my daughter who had a meltdown about pie... 
One very happy 5 year old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment