Today I made a batch of cookies and cupcakes for a bake sale taking place tomorrow. The sorority I belonged to in college was hosting the fundraiser and I love helping to only support the active members, but to know that all the money would be going towards a great mentoring program for 50 Seattle area middle school girls.
I tried out a cupcake recipe that I saw on pinterest. It was a big risk hoping that the recipe was not only as good as it said, but that it made as many as it promised. The final result was an extra moist cupcake and was a big hit with not only myself, but the Kappa gals and my kids too! Best part? The base of the recipe starts with white cake mix! I ended up with about 30 cupcakes from the recipe. You can find the cupcake recipe here as well as the buttercream frosting I used, both are from the Recipe Girl blog.
I tried out a cupcake recipe that I saw on pinterest. It was a big risk hoping that the recipe was not only as good as it said, but that it made as many as it promised. The final result was an extra moist cupcake and was a big hit with not only myself, but the Kappa gals and my kids too! Best part? The base of the recipe starts with white cake mix! I ended up with about 30 cupcakes from the recipe. You can find the cupcake recipe here as well as the buttercream frosting I used, both are from the Recipe Girl blog.
To make the cupcakes stand out a bit, I added some pink coloring to the batter and topped each finished cupcake with a conversation heart. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day after all.
The next project of the day was helping my son create his Valentine's for school. I had him write "Happy Valentine's Day" and sign his name. I then scanned the message and printed on to little labels that were stuck on to lollipops. I cut out mustaches and lips and we slid them on to lollipops to make the person sucking on the lollipop look as if they have a mustache or big pink lips. Pretty comical.

No comments:
Post a Comment