Valentine's Day is a fun day to get creative. Cut your kids sandwiches in to the shape of a heart.
Make thin slices of apple and use a small cookie cutter to make a heart. You can make heart shaped quesadillas, heart shaped pancakes, hamburger patties, cakes...
And my favorite part of Valentine's Day are the desserts! Today I dressed up some strawberries.
These tuxedo berries aren't too tough. Just dip the 'front' side of the strawberry in a little bit of white chocolate. Let it set for an hour or so on the counter (do not put in fridge or they may sweat, making it difficult for the chocolate to 'stick'). Then dip both sides of the strawberries at an angle to create a white 'V'.
To add the bowtie and buttons I put some of the remaining melted chocolate in a small ziploc baggie. Cut a very tiny hole in the corner of the bag. And the smaller the hole, the easier it is, so cut off just the very tip of the corner! Make two little triangles to make the bowtie shape and then you can use the tip of the bag to gently fill the triangles. For the buttons I lightly touched the bag to the berries.
I'd have photos for you if I had three arms. Piping is a two hand job! :)
I'd have photos for you if I had three arms. Piping is a two hand job! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment