This weekend is Blake's 4th birthday party! We went with a plane theme and the kids will be making and throwing balsa wood and paper airplanes in a giant gym we rented out.
I made a airplane ticket for the party invitations.
Making one of the favors - personalized airplane cookies.I added a lollipop stick to the cookies.
The finished cookies, stuck in to oasis foam which is covered with red crinkle cut paper.
I'm loving the clouds on the birthday cake I made. I want excuses to make more cakes with clouds!
The finished cake, with 'sky writing' and a balsa wood airplane taking off...
"Baggage Claim" where party goers picked up their personalized cookies as well as a goodie bag with little parachute men and rubber planes. And yes, those are 'air sickness' bags used for the goodie bags, set inside a small suitcase...
Another fun airplane themed item for the party: Pilot License photos! I used thick foam board and printed out the wording, then pasted it on. I used a sharp blade to cut out a hole to stick your head through...
We used all our rolling luggage to carry party supplies and decor to the rental facility. The suitcases were then used as decoration go with the airplane/airport theme. But, it was so extremely convenient to have things packed in a rolling suitcase that I may do this for all future parties that we have away from home!

No comments:
Post a Comment