I'm proud to say I didn't cook one single for the past three days. No breakfasts, no lunches, no dinners, no sack lunches, no snacks. Nothing. Why? Well, six of my girlfriends and I headed down to San Francisco for three full days of catching up, eating, shopping and exploring without children to dress, feed, or drive around. I gotta say, it was wierd being away from my children for one full day. But three? Wow! Of course I missed everyone like crazy, and wanted constant updates by text or email, but this time away was something we all desperately needed.
Need amazing mexican food? Then Mamacitas is a must stop in San Francisco. Located on Chestnut street, this small restaurant is the place to be! Great margaritas, tasty tacos, and an extensive tequila list.
A highlight and must have on the trip... an Irish coffee at the famed Buena Vista. They are a little smaller and not quite as strong as a few years back, but just as tasty!
Another highlight? Okay, this is probably the highlight for me. Visiting the stunning and amazing Fleur de Lys, with Hubert Keller. Hubert is a world renowned chef, starred on Top Chef Masters, and appears in many other cooking shows, including one he hosts. The drinks were to die for. And I'm not exaggerating. Oh my lord. I quietly told the dining room manager/Sommelier that I was a huge fan of Huberts and he told us to come back later that night so he could introduce us. Woop woop!
We may or may not have 'borrowed' one of the menus from the bar so we may or may not try to copy some of them.
Next stop on our amazing food tour of San Francisco? Ozumo... an awesome contemporary Japanese restaurant! A big party had made reservations at almost the same time as ours so they had to move us to a private room. Not just any room, but their private sake room in the middle of the restaurant. Floor to ceiling walls made of glass with floor to ceiling glass shelves holding hundreds of sake bottles. We felt and looked pretty dang important with the treatment we were receiving! And we loved every minute!
A small portion of the massive quantity of sushi ordered... I think each gal had two to three plates of sushi! Hamachi, Unagi, Toro, Spanish mackerel... heaven. Spicy (super spicy!) tuna rolls, miso soup, spider rolls... the list takes too much time to type!
There were many other stops along the way in San Fran. Cupcakes, cocktails, shopping, more cocktails and more shopping. What an amazing weekend full of no cooking and lots of girl time.



No comments:
Post a Comment