Today was C's 2nd birthday party. The 'Tea for 2' theme was too much fun! I had so many more ideas, but knew they'd be lost on our little guests.
The Details.....
Each guest took home a little box of animal crackers that were by our front door.
I filled pink, purple and white Glassybabys with roses and baby's breath and placed them throughout the party areas. I also filled a few of my grandma's (C's namesake) with roses as well. For food I borrowed a few fun ideas from other toddler parties I found on the internet. Paper cups filled with individual servings of strawberry yogurt:
Tea sandwiches made of cream cheese and jam, soynut butter and jam, soynut butter and banana, all cut in to small triangles or heart shapes (I used a heart cookie cutter). We also had some mini blueberry muffins, and pinwheel sandwiches for the adults.
And for a buffet tablecloth, I spread a few yards of inexpensive pink fabric across my kitchen counter.
And for a buffet tablecloth, I spread a few yards of inexpensive pink fabric across my kitchen counter.
My favorite idea! Fruit salad served in ice cream cones. Brilliant! The kids seemed to enjoy biting the fruit off of the cone and then eating the cone too! This also helped avoid the mess of fruit rolling all over each person's plate. I plan to do this for an adult party soon...maybe our summer pool party?
Dessert was vanilla cupcakes with pink vanilla buttercream frosting, topped with shiny sprinkles.Great Grandma C's teacup and saucer filled with roses.
A banner for some added decoration.
As well as pink balloons and poms that I made out of varying shades of pink tulle.
Another fun food idea for toddlers... a cereal bar! I found these great containers for only $4 at Ikea and used a scoop for serving the cereal on to plates.
Each guest received a teacup and saucer and a personalized spoon.
The food spread. Drinks for the kids was milk (you could do a pitcher of pink milk for older kids and decorate rims of glasses with pink sugar). Drinks for adults was pink champagne!
We put a big sheet of butcher paper on our table so the kids could color or create fun tiaras with stickers.
The birthday girl wearing her crown and blowing out the candles.
What a great day and a fun event. Now its time to sit back and relax, and start thinking about B's 5th birthday party in a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment