Today is my birthday, so as a gift to myself I planned a fun art project to do with the kids. I purchased a 12x16 art canvas and two boxes of crayons.
We laid the crayons down in our preferred order and then made sure we had enough to cover the length of the canvas.I then glue gunned the crayons on to the canvas. Blake handed me each crayon as I secured them. Team work!
We then headed upstairs to our white, tiled bathroom and plugged the hairdryer in and turned it on hot and full power.
It took a few minutes to find the best method to melt the crayons. I discovered that keeping the dryer on the hottest setting with the lowest blowing setting worked best. We did splatter some crayon on to the floor, but to clean up I just aimed the hairdryer on the spots to heat them up and wiped with a kleenex.
Pretty cool artwork that will brighten up any room!
No comments:
Post a Comment