Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweet Potato Souffle

My must for Thanksgiving dinner, aside from turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy?  Sweet potato souffle!  It is creamy, sweet, with nice body and topped with roasted marshmallows.
I found this sweet potato recipe years ago, and every time I make it, we all go back for second or third helpings.  If you enjoy sweet potatoes, and also love marshmallows, you need to try this!
The finished product... Served alongside a mini Thanksgiving meal I made tonight.  Roast chicken, stuffing, salad and my beloved sweet potato dish.  I did learn to not put the marshmallows so close to the edge of the dish.  They melted over the side! 

Sweet Potato Souffle
3 large sweet potatoes cooked and whipped
1 c. sugar – try less sugar and brown
2 eggs beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter
1/2 c. evaporated milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag marshmallows

Peel and cook potatoes until tender. Drain potatoes and whip. Add sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix well and put in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Place marshmallows on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes or until brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment