We've been craving homemade pizza for dinner. The problem? I haven't had time to go to Trader Joe's and I'm not a huge fan of Pillsbury pizza crust in a can. But when I was at the grocery store on Sunday I walked past this pizza dough in the freezer aisle. I love The Essential Baking Company, so had to give it a shot!
Only downside to the product? Aside from thawing instructions, there are no baking directions, and I found no suggestions on their website - even though the label says to check the site out. So I opted for a 400 degree oven and checked on the pizza after 10 minutes, then every few minutes after that.
To make the sausage topping, I removed the casings from some Isernio's sausages I'd previously thawed and then browned the meat. (To remove casings you can either slice off the end of the sausage and squeeze out, or slice down the length of the sausage. Super easy.)
I then sauteed and carmelized sliced red onions in a little olive oil and butter.Rolled out the dough on a floured surface and then placed on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
The finished product!I give two thumbs up to Essential Baking's pizza dough, but the lack of directions was annoying. If you can't get to Trader Joe's for their dough, give this brand a shot next time you're at the grocery. YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment