Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Greek Turkey Burgers

Today I was craving a burger, but with a kick.  I used bits and pieces from a few different recipes and came up with a really great end result.  Highly recommend!  Serve with some fries or boiled or bbq'd corn on the cob and you've got a flavor packed meal.

1/2 c. greek yogurt
1/2 english cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. chopped mint
1.5 lbs ground turkey (or lamb)
2/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
red onion, sliced in to rings
tomato, sliced (optional... I'm not a tomato fan)

Mix yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, 2 Tbsp mint, with dash of salt and pepper in bowl and set aside.

Mix turkey, cheese, 1 clove garlic, remaining mint, salt, pepper in another bowl.  Divide in to four patties.

Grill patties until done and transfer on to hamburger buns.  Top burgers with sauce and onion and/or tomato slices.

*Make Ahead - you can make the sauce and patties the night before serving.  I think the sauce gets more flavorful the longer it sits.  Just stir it well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment