Monday, June 21, 2010

Toddler Pasta

I saw a recipe for Toddler Pasta in an issue of Parents Magazine a few years back and had to try it.  Over time I have edited the recipe here and there and have found a perfect combo.  Blake really enjoys this dish and scarfs it down every time.

Almost all the veggies can be purchased in the freezer section minimizing prep work. Enjoy!

Toddler Veggie Pasta, adapted from a Parents Magazine recipe
1 1/2 c. acini de pepe (Blake and I prefer to use star shaped pasta)
1/2 c. finely diced carrots
1/2 c. finely diced red bell peppers
1/2 c. frozen baby peas
1/2 c. finely chopped broccoli
1/2 c. frozen whole kernel corn
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp pepper
small dash of salt

Cook pasta in slightly salted boiling water for approximately 7 minutes. Stir in all the veggies and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Drain. Mix in olive oil and pepper/salt.

Makes approximately 6-8 kid sized servings.  (Tony and I eat this too - its pretty tasty!)

Variety:
You can use almost any type of favorite veggies in this pasta.  And, you can always increase or decrease amounts of certain veggies too!
Add a cup or two of low-sodium chicken broth to the finished pasta and now you have soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment