Friday, April 16, 2010

Starting the Garden

Today I planted seeds for a variety of vegetables: zucchini, snap peas, carrots, sweet onions, green onions, pumpkin, broccoli and sunflowers.  We've also got some rosemary, parsley, chives and basil already growing and happy (as well as some watermelon starts from a kit Blake planted - no idea if those will make it in this climate though). I love eating homegrown food, and I think it is even more important when you want to know where your food comes from and what it may or may not be treated with.

I've got 144 dirt pods now filled with seeds, so hopefully I'll get a good crop to plant in the yard.  Where to plant in the yard is another issue... It is me vs. the husband vs. the rabbits vs. the sprinklers.  I think I'll be building a raised bed to solve most of the problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment