No one can beat the flavor of Grandma's home made chicken soup. Hers always tasted so rich and flavorful. But, I think I have found a pretty good alternative.
Tony had a coworker that brought us this soup when Blake was first born. I've made a few minor adjustments to Amy's recipe suit our taste, and our time schedule. Recipe is below!
Tony had a coworker that brought us this soup when Blake was first born. I've made a few minor adjustments to Amy's recipe suit our taste, and our time schedule. Recipe is below!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tbsp olive oil
5-6 large carrots, sliced in thick pieces
5-6 large celery stocks, sliced in thick pieces
1 large sweet onion, cut in cubes
5-6 red potatoes, cut in big cubes
2-4 garlic cloves (I typically use 4-6 as I love garlic), diced
1 pre-cooked whole chicken, skin removed and meat cut in to chunks.
2-3 boxes of chicken stock (chicken broth is fine if you can't find the stock)
1 bag of frozen egg noodles (can be hard to find - but much better than usual dried egg noodles)
Pepper and salt to taste
Remove skin and cut chicken meat in to chunks. In a good sized stock pot, heat two tablespoons oil on med-high and add carrots, celery, sweet onions, red potatoes and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring ocassionally, for 4-5 minutes. Add chicken stock and let simmer for 10-15min. Turn heat up to boil and add frozen egg noodles. Stir. Add chicken once noodles have finished cooking (about 20 minutes). Stir gently. Turn heat down on stove. Once chicken is warm and veggies are tender, your soup is ready! Season to taste.
If your soup doesn't have enough liquid, feel free to add stock/broth/water to your desired consistency. I've found that this soup soaks up a lot of broth due to the noodles and potato. But, its a nice thicker soup with not a ton of broth.
Serve hot with a nice hearty bread and small green salad. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment