Today is the big day of my daughter's 3rd birthday party! I have had so much fun planning this party and getting C's feedback on decorations and food. Though I will say that getting back from a week's vacation, then right in to Thanksgiving, and then right in to a birthday party all in one week is not my ideal situation!
The attendees made 'jellyfish' with paper bowls and lots of different colored streamers and ribbons. They also made 'headbands' using foam stickers in under the sea themed shapes.
Here are some of the fun details from the party...
"Big Kid Mermaid Juice" and "Little Mermaid Juice"
Sweet tooth fish (my kids and I love to talk about our 'sweet tooth' issues!):
"Octo-hummus" dip and veggies. Gotta love an octopus created out of a bell pepper and some strips of bell pepper for legs. The eyes on the octopus are hard sugar 'eyes' that you can buy at baking or craft stores (typically for cookie decorating).
PB & Jellyfish Seastar sandwiches. These were so cute and so fast to make. Nothing makes a kid like a sandwich more than fun shapes!
My personal favorite were the 'oyster' cookies. I searched high and low for cookies that had a 'shell' appearance. Finally I found some lemon Pepperidge Farm cookies! I dyed some store bought frosting to a light shade of pink and added a yogurt covered raisin for a 'pearl'.
A mermaid photo opportunity! I took a big piece of folding cardboard meant for presentations and painted an underwater theme. Here is my boy mer-man testing it out!
Each attendee received a homemade barrette made with real shells.
As well as a goodie bag filled with an under the sea pearl bracelet, gummy fish and bubbles.
Seashell Pasta Salad.
The food display:
And the birthday girl, not so sure about the sparkler candle!
Happy birthday to the sweetest little mermaid I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment