Tomorrow is my daughter's 'under the sea' 3rd birthday party. I wanted the cake to be shades of blue to go with the decor and chose to make four layers, each with a different shade. Light purple, light blue, mint green and white.
The baked cake color results...For the frosting, I made a basic buttercream and dyed it to match the cake layers, and also had a bowl of white frosting.
I put on a thin base layer of frosting to the bottom and top layers, and then froze the cakes for a bit before adding the final coats of frosting.
The end result was a multi-colored cake. Not sure if I loved the frosting colors or my new cake decorating turntable the most. Why didn't I buy one of those sooner!?
The finished product with a seastar, three light blue candles and a sparkler '3' candle.
The inside of the cake...
No comments:
Post a Comment