I love making gingerbread houses with the kids each year, but those store bought house kits are really big, and I know my kids will probably each want their own. Okay, I want them each to have their own to avoid arguments, sharing and space issues on the houses as they decorate.
Thanks to pinterest I've been seeing a lot of mini gingerbread houses made of graham crackers. I made a really strong frosting glue (basically powdered sugar, egg whites and water) and went to work. I did learn if you don't plan out your house very well you have to make some silly additions of half or quarter crackers...
Looking good!
Until you realize you might need a longer cracker and have to add on a mini piece of graham cracker!
I then tried to make myself a slightly larger house. What was I thinking!? Bigger is not always better!
Off to decorate - wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment