In my pantry we have a jar of Nutella and a jar of Trader Joe's Almond Chocolate spread (their take on Nutella). I can't seem to get rid of them. I know, I know. Some people can't keep these spreads in their house because they are so addicted. And some buy them by the Costco case (yes, I called you out Samar!).
I had never tried Nutella until a few months ago when my friends urged me to buy some. I love chocolate. I'm addicted to chocolate. But hazlenut flavored chocolate on toast isn't my thing. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy dipping apple slices in the both of these spreads, but spreading chocolate on the toast isn't my thing. My kids would disagree. They could eat Nutella or the chocolate almond spread on anything.
Then it hit me. One of my favorite breakfast treats is a nice chocolate filled croissant. What if I took premade croissant dough and put a little spoonful of Nutella on the dough before rolling up and baking?
Then it hit me. One of my favorite breakfast treats is a nice chocolate filled croissant. What if I took premade croissant dough and put a little spoonful of Nutella on the dough before rolling up and baking?
A tablespoon of Nutella on the wide end of the triangle shaped croissant dough (Pillsbury or Kroger brands work great).
Roll up like you would normally.Sprinkle the tops with some sugar and cinnamon.
Bake as directed on the croissant dough's package. I cooked for a few minutes less than suggested...
The kids loved these little treats. They're small, so good for a afternoon snack or as breakfast along with some fruit.
No comments:
Post a Comment