Easter is right around the corner and I love all the colors that come with this holiday. And the candy. Especially those Cadbury Mini Egg candies. The minute they hit the store shelves I know spring is on it's way. And that I also have to buy a bag...
I saw a fun idea on Pinterest that could be used for easter, a birthday party, ice cream party, and many different themed events. An ice cream cone filled with candy and wrapped in cello.
I went to the store and bought a box of ice cream cones and Cadbury Mini Eggs (in regular and in dark chocolate - for me).
After experimenting, I found that there is way too much candy in the cone once you've got it stacked up nice and high to resemble 'ice cream'. And there is no way I'm giving my kids two adult handfuls of chocolate. In their Easter Basket. In the morning... Solution? Put a marshmallow in the cone and this will cut down significantly on the candy you'll need, plus everyone loves a marshmallow, right?
Gently drop the cone in to a triangle shaped cello bag.After experimenting, I found that there is way too much candy in the cone once you've got it stacked up nice and high to resemble 'ice cream'. And there is no way I'm giving my kids two adult handfuls of chocolate. In their Easter Basket. In the morning... Solution? Put a marshmallow in the cone and this will cut down significantly on the candy you'll need, plus everyone loves a marshmallow, right?
Fill with candy and tie shut with a festive ribbon.
This makes for a great Easter basket stuffer, decor for place settings, or as a goody bag after a bridal or baby shower!
Happy Easter and Spring!
You are a GENIUS!! Will save this one for when CLB is a little older.
ReplyDelete