Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Towering Pear Salad

I saw this idea on Pinterest (a time wasting obsession).  A salad made much more impressive by stacking it between pear slices.  Yes, you can do this.  It really is easy.  You just need a steady hand when carrying the salad from kitchen counter to the dinner table!

Take a pear and cut it in to 3 slices (I also cut a bit off the bottom so the pear was sturdy).
Wah-lah!
Now cut out the center seed area of pear.
Wah-lah!
Start with the base slice of pear and top with some salad. I used mixed greens, blue cheese crumbles, candied pecans and a balsamic vinegrette.  Now add the center layer of pear and top again with more salad.  Top with the final piece of pear.  You're done!  I did add a little drizzle of agave nectar over pear. 
This salad gives an amazing presentation and was the perfect start to my husband's birthday dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment