Saturday, October 29, 2011

Husky Cupcakes and Jello Shots


This weekend is the big Husky Homecoming game.  Our tailgate will get an extra kick of purple and gold spirit with the help of my extra lovely gold lamay tablecloth, purple and gold vase (pictured above...an oatmeal container with ribbon glue-gunned on), and fun food.

I bought a bag of yellow chocolate from the craft store, heated it in the microwave, placed in a ziploc bag and snipped off one corner.  I then made 'W's on to parchment paper.  This is one of the easiest garnishes ever!  The 'W's cooled in just a minute or so and were the perfect addition to our cupcakes with purple frosting! (I will admit to cheating... QFC made my dozen cupcakes for $5!!)

And Homecoming deserves an extra special gelatin shot.  My favorite drink is an Arnold Palmer (ice tea/lemonade), and my new favorite alcohol based drink is a John Daly (same as Arnold Palmer but with vodka added or ice tea flavored vodka).  But because a John Daly is more of a summer drink, I've got a bit of ice tea vodka left.... that called for a John Daly shooter!

The base layer is lemonade and whipped cream vodka.  The top layer is ice tea vodka.  Hello my friend!
GOOOOO Dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment