Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vacation

I was so excited to go on our family 'spring break' trip last week to sunny San Diego.  That meant no cooking for mommy!  In case you're wondering, I eat at home for every meal except for maybe once a week.  Thats a lot of breakfasts, lunches (sack lunches for B), and dinners for a family of four.  So this was something I was really looking forward too. 

But after the third day of eating every single meal out, I was ready to be back in my own kitchen.  My poor children were starting to get sick of the usual kid menu options of grilled cheese, chicken tenders, and cheese pizza.  Do need to give a shout out to the wonderful Vigilucci's on Coronado Island as well as The Fish Market on the waterfront in downtown San Diego.  Both these establishments had a great variety of dishes that weren't all deep fried - huge varieties of pasta dishes, fresh fish, etc.

Now that we're home we've cherised the home made meals, and they've been very basic...
- BBQ'd chicken with steamed broccoli and roast spaghetti squash (dab some lemon and light sour cream, salt and pepper on squash)
- BBQ'd salmon with roast asparagus and lemon noodles (add some lemon zest to light alfredo sauce)
- BBQ'd steak with rosemary fries (Alexia Foods brand in freezer aisle)
Are you seeing a trend here?  Super easy and all main courses made on the BBQ.  But stay tuned as I've got a few recipes that I've been wanting to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment