Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pretzels

Tonight I attempted making soft pretzels.  I was a tad nervous to do this.  It involved yeast, waiting an hour, poaching the unbaked dough, baking the dough, etc.  But, it really wasn't as difficult as the recipe appears and the end result was tender, chewy, and heaven!  We ate dinner while the dough was rising so it was pretty convenient timing.

I made half covered in sea salt and the other half in cinnamon and sugar. 

We all agreed the salted pretzels won hands down.  The sugar and cinnamon ones were pretty good but not nearly sweet enough.

This would be a perfect recipe for a football game or Super Bowl party.  It makes 16 large or 32 smaller pretzels.  I made 16 and they were a perfect size.

You can click here for the recipe.  I found it on 17 and Baking, but the original recipe is from Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment