Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rosemary Lemonade

I've talked about this recipe before, and have to post it again.  It is that good.  I made this rosemary lemonade recipe for our pool party.  Its a nice change from the usual yellow or pink lemonades, and a little more adult oriented (kids don't always love the rosemary taste).

I finally used our electric juicer.  We received it as a wedding gift and I have NO idea why I haven't used it until now.  I mean, its only been in our pantry for almost five years!
Making the simple syrup and adding rosemary to flavor the mixture only takes a few minutes.
Rosemary Lemonade2 c. sugar
2 c. water
4 large sprigs of rosemary
2 c. fresh lemon juice (do not use store bought lemon juice)
4 c. water
rosemary sprigs for garnish

Stir together sugar and two cups of water in saucepan to make simple syrup.  Add rosemary sprigs.  Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and let cool.  Strain syrup.  Mix together syrup, lemon juice and four cups water.  Add fresh rosemary sprigs.  Chill.  Serve with ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment