Today I surprised Tony with homemade margaritas and slow cooked ribs. It turned out he was having a rough day, so this was the perfect pick-me-up.
What I like to call margarita eggs...
What I like to call margarita eggs...
Ribs. Oh heaven. Just rub your favorite bbq spices (I'd have to kill you if I shared my secret recipe) on the ribs the night prior. Start up the bbq (and yes, you can use gas, charcoal, or smoker) on low so the meat will have indirect heat. No direct heat please! Slowly cook until the ribs are tender - depending on your cooking method it can take anywhere from 4-8 hours. I mop the ribs every 30-45min with a apple cider/apple vinegar/water mix to help keep them moist and add a slight 'crust' to the spices. When meat starts shrinking back from end of the bone you know they're getting close to done.
Serve with your favorite bbq sauce and sides. I prefer my ribs 'dry' with only the rub. But, if using sauce I prefer using B-Man's BBQ or Pete's BBQ (both are local and available at QFC). Oh, and a fresh margarita of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment