My Uncle Carl contributed a tasty chicken recipe to our family cookbook and I've now made it twice in the past month. It is so easy and Blake loves it, so its a double whammy! His recipe is slightly different from the recipe on the side of the French's Fried Onions canister. A great option for a weeknight meal. Once the chicken is in the oven steam some broccoli and brown some potatoes or a batch of quick rice and you're good to go!
Crunchy Onion Chicken
6 oz can French's French Fried Onions (I use slightly more)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp mustard (I use Dijon)
1/4 c. all purpose flour
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 400. Crush onions in plastic bag or with rolling pin. Mix egg and mustard until well blended.
In 3 shallow bowls, place flour, egg then onions. Dredge chicken first in flour, then egg, and then bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Serves 4
No comments:
Post a Comment