Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vegetable Garden

This year I got a little smarter about what to plant.  I'm not wasting time with lots of onions or garlic.  I could never tell when they were ready to harvest last year.  I added a few more pumpkin plants, squash plants, and corn.  We also had a surprise potato plant pop up, so hopefully we'll have a few of those to enjoy too!

Jack o'lantern pumpkins, with some onions and lemon thyme in background:
More pumpkins in their own pots:
6 corn plants:
Two tomato plants and chives:
Raspberry plant:
Potato plant that popped up because I obviously missed digging up a few potatoes last year! 

We also have sugar snap peas, peppermint, rosemary, chives, parsley, basil, butternut squash and zucchini.  Crossing my fingers that the sun will come out for a few days in a row.  None of these plants are very happy without some warmth and sunshine to get things moving and growing!

What do you grow in your veggie garden or containers?

No comments:

Post a Comment